Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Cat is Back!

The dream would be if the Islamic Cat Stevens and the Jewish Bob Dylan were to do a world tour together, for the purpose of promoting peace between peoples. (And I can't think of any Christian artists of their caliber.)

In the article at the URL, I completely relate to Cat' s statement that the biggest problem that he had to deal with as a superstar pop/rock musician was his own ego. Though not a celebrity, at my age, I am acutely aware of the problems posed by my ego. And like him, I think I now have it more under control than not.

Cat also speaks of the burden of being a sex symbol. Now that's something I have not had to contend with!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Zimmerman (Bob Dylan), Steven Demetre Georgiou (Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam) and Paul Hewson (Bono) on a "Peace Train" concert tour would be a interesting concept. Maybe have them joined by Gordon Sumner (Sting), Pater Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen for a one-night special concert.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Zimmerman (Bob Dylan), Typos Corrected: Steven Demetre Georgiou (Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam) and Paul Hewson (Bono) on a "Peace Train" concert tour would be an interesting concept. Maybe have them joined by Gordon Sumner (Sting), Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen for a one-night special concert.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home